Little joys turned into mighty jokes
I am not sending Amma a bouquet again.
This time, I sent her a beautiful bouquet of all sorts of flowers in it, beautifully arranged and kept in a round glass vase. She received it in the night. Super thrilled by it, she took out one flower and kept it near a God's photo. Next morning, the maid servant wears a Saree which is the same colour as one of the flowers. So the maid gets one to wear on her hair. 2-3 small ones are sent to gran so that she can wear it. Another gran staying in the house does a puja, so she adorns other Gods' photos with flowers too and rest of the flowers' petals are plucked out to do what they call a 'pushpa archana' (form of worship). Stems and fillers are duly thrown away. What happened to the cute round vase you ask? It is now used for keeping spoons and forks.
Again, what was I thinking gifting her a bouquet?
lolzzzz... auntyyy is soo cute :P
:D
ha ha ha...poor u
ROFL..this is what flowers are used for in Inida..Seriously what where you thinking :)
lol
@all - :D
hahaha!!
cute!!
that's soooo like my Mom!!
:)
Hey, by any chance do we share the same kind of mom?
Amma will never use anything I give to her, because someone will always need it more!!
i remembered a point just now...a year back when I sent a cake to my mom on her birthday she says, yaaru daa saapda poraa...dad eats a piece of it and the rest goes directly to trash...
@Arky - moms I tell u!
@Dee - yess, that was exactly her point! bouquet made her happy, sharing it made everybody happy :P
@viswa - nah, my amma gobbles down cakes :D
@ayu - he he :D
when i give or buy old english classic dvd's for dad.. he distributes it to his friends - 'oh yes - i have it' - n some DVDs have never been returned till date
Haha, but then what else can she do with it?
Deepa
Apu - my dad used to give away pens like that :P
@Deepa - Welcome Deepa! I dont know...maybe let it sit by the tv stand, make her smile for a few days....rather than sit on the maid's head? :P