The fish's out of the bag!
AB and I recently celebrated our 10th love anniversary and he gifted my a beautiful fish tank. Today we went together and bought 4 guppies :)
I tried to take some pictures, but they are swimming really fast as they seem to be still adjusting to the new environment. They seem a bit calmer now but after I feed them tomorrow morning, I hope to make friends with them, then maybe I can take some pictures...
They are very tiny - one is a pale yellow colour, with a bright yellow tail and orange spots, one is dark grey, one is deep blue with orange and blue patterns on his tail, one is dark grey with a bright orange tail. They are very lively fish who likes to play 'chase a fish' and 'hide and seek' a lot!
AB noticed that they are going round and round in clockwise direction only, hope that's normal!
Sigh, there are so many measures and precautions to take - and they are only fish! They have their own heater and thermometer inside to keep the water at 23-25 C. They are extremely sensitive, even if I move the tank slightly, they get all tensed and start swimming fast!
I am still thinking about names. Suggestions are welcome (they are all male by the way). I deliberately didn't buy any female because guppies do only 3 things - eat, poo and breed (they are also called 'the Millionfish')! And I am not ready to become a grandma just yet :)
I Googled for some pics to give you all an idea -
My tank looks like this
Guppies
And a Wiki link to get to know more about them - here
lovely!
again, happy anniversary!
Hey happy anniversary to u both :0
Great girl..these guppies are so cute.. ur AB is one toughtful guy..surely know how ot make u smile :)
Lucky u!
@Titaxy - thanks gurl :)
@Aanya - Thank you :)
Hey me thoughtful too, me romantic too :(
haha
thanks anyway