Cough Cough Sesame
UK and Europe are having a major frost spell. Trains here are affected, and there are only 3 trains an hour or so. It goes without saying that each train is super crowded. When I board them, I feel like I am teleported to one of the local trains in Mumbai!
Day 1 travel: I am going home from work. Waited 40min at a station before I could get a train. The train is so crowded, that I can't even make out where my hands and legs are. My throat feels itchy and I am about to have a ticklish cough. Both my hands are up in the air and I can't get them down. So I cough on my shoulder 3-4 times. In less than a minute, there's room to stand properly, my hands can be brought down and nobody's pressed against me. I look behind, no, the station hasn't even come. I realize people are still scared of the swine flu! They left me alone! Success!
Day 2 travel: The train is crowded, but not like the previous day. 2 stupid girls are busy chatting sitting on the floor at the foot board. People standing have a problem. I have a problem. I could not lean or hold onto anything and was left swinging in the middle. Something had to be done. I coughed 3-4 times, looking in the other direction, holding a kerchief over my mouth. Hey I am cunning, but I have manners. The girls get up, stand properly giving everybody else enough room. Success yet again with my magic (cough) spell!
I have decided not to try it any further, lest people don't let me travel and label me as some disease laden lady :P
I am so thankful for the weekend that I don't have to skate over the frost and ice to work for two days!
I am trying to imagine the kind of reaction I would have got in such a scenario with the kind of coughs I have had over the last one week.
wott.... i cant find ur wordpress blog..takes me sumwer else only...
the redirection works... but the URL leads elsewhere!
Phew! So the cough did cast its magic spell :P Feeling any better nw ;) ;)