How are babies born?
A question every parent dreads! Especially with a kid like me - a living nightmare I say! One incident from my childhood I can never forget - the day I confronted my parents with the question and caught them off guard!
It was that time of my life for my parents to reveal some selective information about the 'reproduction mystery' and they assumed I will be approaching my mom. But no, I thought that my dad was a better person to ask as he used to work in a med company, so he must be having more knowledge about the human body than ma.
One night me, ma and dad are having dinner, watching TV. Out of the blue,
Me: Daddy, so how big is the egg inside a woman? This much? (Gesturing the size if a water melon - naive/silly to apply the rule of direct proportion to a hen's egg and a human being's)
Ma: (Shocked, starts eating faster)
Dad: (Unperturbed) No No, it is microscopic
Me: (Confused) Oh! How is a baby made then?
Ma: (Gives me the look)
Dad: (Slightly irritated) There is a certain cell called 'sperm' to combine with the egg and that becomes a baby
Ma: (Finishes dinner in a hurry, rushes inside the kitchen)
Me: Where is the sperm?
Dad: (Highly uncomfortable) Its found in men
Me: So how does this sperm meet the egg?
Ma: Gestures from the kitchen behind dad's back to shut up or she'll come and beat me
Dad: errr.......mmm....Ya, that I shall explain another day, now eat quietly (of course that day never came, thank God and ma!!!)
By now I am quiet, thanks to mom's threat and dad's sudden interest in TV and not wanting to look at me. But my brain would not stop wondering. I suddenly remember my paternal grand parents have 10 children. Unable to contain myself I spurt with much excitement
Me: Oh yes, paati and thatha (grandma and grandpa) must have done this 'meeting' ten times no?
No reply. Awkward silence. This time dad's appetite is lost. Off he goes into the kitchen to keep his plate.
And the lecture I got from ma the next day!!!
Like I said, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA!!!
You really were a sample as a kid!
And i shall quote this as reason number 192843747436473 as to why I am not married and haven't had a baby yet. Thank you very much :D
ROFl..
Hahaha, I remember reading the Zoology text book of my bro 12th std when I was in 9th std. LOL. even I took up Bio as one of the subjects in high school and I SCORED 54 mks in board exams of which am sure 18/20 is practicals and remaining zoology as I hardly attempted 3-4 mks in the botany paper.
ohhhhh shitt... lolll.. i was laughing all the way. U r too much girl ..! winkz
rotfl.
@DewD: Hahaha! Am I that scary ??
@Titaxy, wishes galore: Yes I was a dodo, wasn't I?
@Aparna: This was way before that age lolz! I loved bio as a topic never as a subject to study or cram...
@Aanya: winkz :)
hahaha. very cute!!
you are awarded just now!! collect your award from my place..:)
Well, I never had the need to ask my parents about this, all GK came through cousins at early age itself. By the time, mom came to me - I was having more gyaan.
lollll DP....tujhse mujhe yehi umeed thi ...lolll I'm sure u must hav asked it.. hahahaa has has ke pagal hogayi..
aunty toh halat kharab hogayi hogi unki :P
sahii :P
achha sun Ur Tagged..!! Check my blog
awesome post
@MumbaiDiva- Welcome here! Am glad you liked it, thanks :)
@Wishes- mmuah ;)
@Aparna- that was the last time I asked my parents. My gyaan came from 9th std sex ed seminar. I still was dumb not to believe/understand certain things. My guru in these things is AB! *blush blush*
@DiDo- i guess you know me too well :P
thanks for tagging me :D :D
weekend pe likhungi pakka
@viswajith.k.n- hellooooo! welcome to my blog :)
thanks a lot ;)
Scary?! Haha, no re. Just ... it's a good enough excuse bas ;)
do visit mine too at viswajithandharry.wordpress.com though it might not be as funny as your post...:P
Hahaha. Reminds of Little Johny question to his parents : how was I born (a stork bought you home) ;-)
btw, update the timepass blog ;)
will keep updating when possible, back in US now!