Kodak Moments
I am totally nuts about taking pictures. So much that I gifted myself a Panasonic TZ5 last year for my birthday :P With this awesome camera of mine I cannot stop clicking. I take pictures of anything - water, a single leaf, flowers, my shoe strap, bugs, and my present favourite - my fish :)
Sometime ago, AB and I had been to a mini zoo with animals in cages. I didn't like the cages but was overjoyed to start playing with my favourite toy again, my camera!
I took many pictures from many angles. I took so much effort, bending, stretching, getting cramps in my legs to get the perfect animal shots.
Here are a few samples -
Meerkats family photo
Media shy monkey
Penguin guarding his castle and the king
Otter planning his escape
While I was sweating on one hand, I looked at AB from the corner of my eye. He signalled me to come near him - near the cage he was standing next to.
A leopard was on the back of another - yes-yes, they were errr.... hmmmmm.... humping like crazed rabbits! The one on top, obviously the male, had held her neck with his jaw and happily doing the wild thing (pun intended). And they were not even adults, I would not even classify them as adolescent, they were mid-way between babies and adolescent! That age where you kind of know things but are not sure... Well, we only fished for information in that age, this leopard fished for a partner to hone his skills! Bad kitty... I was just about to take a picture, that he sensed our presence and moved away. Gah! Civilized leopards, don't go away, it's not like I threw stones at you, only switched on my camera...
Well AB took a picture with his phone. Although I feel the picture would have been tonnes better taken from my super-cool camera, he did score more than me (none compared to the leopard's score though :P). After all, photography is not just about the perfect resolution, it's about the perfect timing, isn't it?
.jpg)
Hey.. nice pics.. esp the one of the penguin..
penguins are cute...and all the other pics are nice too :D
based on wotever limited futography i know its not abt resolution...u r camera's resolution stays the same right?:P
thanks Saya
thanks Titaxy :-)
viswajith, what are you saying man? resolution is the megapixels your camera offers. More megapixels captures better details enabling you to blow up the picture(on print) without compromising on quality. But it also takes up a lot of space in your memory chip. So you need to strike a balance. It's not the same for all cameras, some are 3 megapixels, some 5, some even 10+.
These pics were taken with a resolution of 9megapixels...
Viswajith is right. Megapixels aren't much help after a point. It's the other stuff, lighting, shutter speed, composition ... yada yada yada.
yes Dewy, there are other stuff that contribute to a good picture but 'resolution is not the same for all cameras' and resolution is not a factor that is constant, it contributes to the picture quality too, especially if you want to print your pictures. even if its not the one single thing, it still matters. If i were to make a gigantic poster, it would not come out right with a 3.2Mpx camera.
check this out for description in better words link
another simplified explanantion
here
hey DP .... are these the same pics u had mailed me a few weeks bck? ... the ones frm ur vacations??
becos i rem those animal pics.. and they had come out so cutee...
As far the cam is concerned.. I'm in love with ur cam... woww... u can put those random shots thtu took.. of ur bag and those walls n stuff.. they were too good ....
thanks Dido:-)
yes, they are the same pics i sent you :-)
O.K let me put it this way...Suppose u r cams on a 3 Megapixel setting...irrespective of u r zoom lighting it stays at 3 MegaPixels...And suppose AB's phone camera is also 3 MegaPixels and he takes a pic...Even if you zoom 10 x or 20 x u r camera is going to take a pic with only 3 MegaPixels...On the whole from one camera to another it does differ but when you think of taking better pics its no longer about resolution. That was the point I was trying to convey!
that is under the assumption that both cameras are 3 Mpx, which it was not... there is a diff in the quality betwn a 1.5Mpx pic and a 9Mpx pic's quality, other factors remaining the same right? when u said 'u r camera's resolution stays the same right' it was easy for me to think you are talking about 2 diff cameras, not the same camera given diff zooms..
anyway bottomline is - i wouldn't any day say photography is about resolution alone!
anyway, we have side-tracked:P
the post was about apt timing no? :-)
yep...exactly...Positioning kuda plays a role...:D espescially in the context of u r post and the leopards...:P
lol :P
positioning could not be any better, they were in a cage :)
Nice pictures!
I had once clicked two Kaboothars (brown color) doing the wild thing in the balcony of my house (shot it from bedroom) with my old Canon Powershot sometime in 2005! God knows where is that pic now... lost in archives somewhere.!!