So true
Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes."
~Clare Boothe Luce
My blog has moved! Redirecting...
You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celestialrays.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes."
~Clare Boothe Luce
Hmm...that really is so true...from trivial things like driving a car to more influencing ones like being an administrator, there has been nothing for which women have not been discouraged.
And this when they already have surpassed many men in their fields.
Chauvinists will remain chauvinists.
well said! i hate when someone speaks about 'women' as if its a whole new species
Women have more than succeeded. They've surpassed men in male-dominated areas WHILE they still carry our the responsibilities of traditional feminine roles AND deal with the physical implications of being female.
It's the men who have a problem. Their brains aren't big enough to comprehend all of that and therefore the limited definition of 'success'.
Sorry, that was me.
it is true though. whenever i hear someone saying 'women can'y do this', i ask - 'are you a woman, tried doing it but failed?how can u blindly pass a judgement?'
doesn't make any diff to those shameless ppl though
Male chauvinists...And i guess this quote was written by someone surrounded by male chauvinists. So true. TO the point.